Unable to convert some H.264 files to DV

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Josh Mellicker Josh Mellicker 2 years, 3 months ago.

December 22, 2011 at 11:10 pm #9896

Hello! I am running a trial version of DV Kitchen, and it has done a tremendous job converting most of my mp4 (H.264-encoded) files to DV. I am doing this in order to burn them to DVD using iDVD on my iMac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard. However, there are 9 mp4 (H.264-encoded) files that are not converting properly. I have noticed that, unlike the successfully-converted files which took a minute or two to convert, these files are “quickly” processed (i.e. within 15 seconds?) in DV Kitchen to DV files. Yet, when I play these files in QuickTime, the video has been stripped and only a white screen remains. The audio, however, appears to have been preserved.

Any ideas on why these 9 files are not converting properly? I have tried to convert them one by one, rebooted the system and tried it again, and even looked for differences between the original files that were successfully converted vs. those that have not been using the Quicktime Inspector, but to no avail. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Geoff

December 22, 2011 at 11:10 pm #10870

To burn H.264 files with iDVD, you should drag the files directly into iDVD. Converting them to DV format degrades the quality unnecessarily. In this case, you don’t need DV Kitchen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.