How do I batch convert audio in Windows XP for my editing software?
- Download iTunes from Apple
- Double click iTunes Setup.exe to install
- Launch iTunes
- Go to the Edit Menu > then click Preferences
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Then click on the Importing tab
- Now, in the “Import Using” dialog box, choose .WAV Encoder.
- Then in the “Setting” dialog box, choose “Custom”
- For “Sample Rate” choose 48 kHz.
- For “Sample Size” choose 16-bit.
- For “Channels” choose Stereo.
- Then click OK.
- Then OK again, to close the Preferences Box.Now your preferences are set up to convert audio files to an uncompressed file that will play smoothly in your editing software.
- Now, insert a CD, or drop MP3s, AACs or files in many other kinds of audio formats into iTunes
- Highlight all the items you want to convert, right-click, and choose “Convert Selection to WAV” from the popup menu.
- Locate the items in your Music folder and put them in your project folder.
If you’d like to batch convert audio files on OSX, click here!