If you notice a loss of connectivity between Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express and your camcorder or deck after upgrading your versions of Mac OS X and QuickTime, here’s what you can do to resolve the issue.
- Remove QuickTime receipts:
- Go to /Library/Receipts/
- Locate the QuickTime receipts files.
- Select all QuickTime receipts that have version numbers as part of their names (but don’t select the other QuickTime receipts). Here’s an example of what they look like (you may have different receipts on your computer):
- Drag the selected receipts to the Trash.
- Download and install the latest version of QuickTime for Mac OS X.
After following these steps and restarting your computer, your device should interact with Final Cut as expected.
If not, try one or more of the following:
- disconnecting, then connecting the Firewire cable while the capture window is open
- start the tape playing before opening the capture window
- power the camera on first, then launch FCP
- power the camera off, then on again
- another Firewire cable
- another camcorder
- another computer