We couldn’t be more impressed with the way the Gizmodo community has pushed their photography skills with Shooting Challenges. So today, we’re expanding the idea with a once-a-month expansion called the Video Challenge. Our first topic: time lapse.
So How Will This Work?
With the existing Shooting Challenge, you get a little under a week to email us your photos that we feature and judge. With Video Challenges, we’re giving you a lot more time, but we simply cannot handle the HD videos internally. So we’re using Vimeo. And to keep the projects reasonable, all clips must be 45 seconds or less and begin with content, not slates, credits, colorbars or countdowns. They”ll be due February 9th by 8am Eastern. Results will be posted on the 11th.
Become a member of our Vimeo group and add your video by the deadline. We’ll then go through the submissions and highlight our favorites on Gizmodo.
The Rules – READ THESE
1. Submissions need to be your own, and you must have rights to use all content within them.
2. Videos must be produced (shot and edited) since this contest was announced.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind the clip.
4. Tag all vimeo clips “video challenge” and “time lapse”
5. All clips must be 45 seconds or less…
6. …and begin with content, not slates, credits, colorbars or countdowns.
7. Entries should be uploaded to our vimeo group by Feb 9th and 8am Eastern.