The MOTU V4HD FireWire Interface
The Motu V4HD
- HD/SD FireWire video interface for Mac and Windows — provides HD and SD capture and playback for any current-generation FireWire equipped computer
- Plug-and-play connectivity via FireWire 400 or 800 — connects to either a desktop tower or a portable laptop
- Supports Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Captures and plays all standard HD and SD formats up to and including 1080p30 (720p, 1080i, 1080p and 1080PsF)
- Full-raster Apple ProRes workflow — supports full-raster capture and playback (1920×1080 and 1280×720) in Apple’s ProRes 422 HD codec in both standard and HQ modes. Work with ProRes clips pixel for pixel in full 10-bit 4:2:2 resolution.
- Hardware-accelerated DVCPro capture/playback — provides hardware-accelerated capture and playback of industry standard DVCProHD/P2, DVCPro50 and DVCPro25 video streams to/from Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro
- Pristine HD quality and efficient editing — ProRes and DVCProHD formats provide 10-bit 4:2:2 broadcast quality color and CPU-efficient, intra-frame native editing
- Captures and plays uncompressed SD — 8-bit or 10-bit NTSC or PAL
- HDMI monitoring — connect a large-format HD plasma, reference LCD, consumer DLP or other flatscreen for flexible and affordable “pixel for pixel” HD monitoring
- Broadcast quality hardware-based real time SD-to-HD up-convert — capture SD while working in HD; monitor HD when working in SD
- Broadcast quality hardware-based real time HD-to-SD down-convert — capture HD while working in SD; monitor SD when working in HD
- Hardware-accelerated 2:3 or 2:3:3:2 pull-down insertion and removal — go between film and NTSC rates in real time, with no rendering required
- Comprehensive up/down conversion formatting — anamorphic, pillar box, letterbox, 14:9 pillarbox, 14:9 letterbox and full screen
- Simultaneous HD/SD operation — connect multiple HD and SD sources and destinations simultaneously. Switch HD/SD sources on the fly while converting to multiple HD/SD destinations. All outputs are “hot”, regardless of source format.
- Two rack space form factor with dedicated connectors — no cable swapping or gangly, inconvenient breakout cables
- Stand-alone operation — converts and distributes selected input source to all supported output formats with SD-to-HD up-convert, HD-to-SD down-convert and pull-down insertion/removal
- Field upgradable firmware via USB
- International auto-switching internal power supply
- Rack-mount or desktop operation — attach the included brackets for rack-mount installation or remove them for convenient, portable desktop operation.